Tuesday, January 31, 2006

 

Hockey Hockey

Razor kills me:
I bet you noticed that the "Thank You Fans" has been removed from American Airlines Center ice. Why? I guess it was time? Actually most teams removed theirs long ago. The Stars thanked you long time.

Read the whole thing, including this broadcaster's plea that never specifically occurred to me:
Will the NHL ever get it through their thick, screw television, skulls that it might benefit the fan who is watching at home to hold the game from re-commencing for another 10 or 15 seconds after a goal is scored? I don't know of any other league that would spend as much time and energy finding ways to increase scoring and then treat the scoring of goals as a nuisance. A hard 45 seconds, that's all we ask.

Comments:

His entry on translating Finnish names is (a) an instant classic and (b) mostly pretty legit!
 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?